Vail, the Sacred
1. Moses commanded to make. Ex 26:31.
2. Made by Bezaleel for the tabernacle. Ex 36:35.
3. Suspended from four pillars of shittim wood overlaid with gold. Ex 26:32.
4. Hung between the holy and most holy place. Ex 26:33; Heb 9:3.
5. Designed to conceal the ark, mercy seat, and the symbol of the divine presence. Ex 40:3.
6. The high priest
a. Alone allowed to enter within. Heb 9:6,7.
b. Allowed to enter but once a year. Le 16:2; Heb 9:7.
c. Could not enter without blood. Le 16:3; Heb 9:7.
7. Made by Solomon for the temple. 2Ch 3:14.
8. Was rent at the death of our Lord. Mt 27:51; Mr 15:38; Lu 23:45.
a. Of the obscurity of the Mosaic age. Heb 9:8.
b. Of the flesh of Christ which concealed his divinity. Heb 10:20; Isa 53:2.
c. (Rending of,) of the death of Christ which opened heaven to saints. Heb 10:19,20; 9:24.