2. Made for the glory of God. Ps 148:9.
3. Different kinds of mentioned
a. Of the wood. Song 2:3.
b. Of the forest. Isa 10:19.
e. Deciduous or casting the leaves. Isa 6:13.
4. Of various sizes. Eze 17:24.
6. Designed to beautify the earth. Ge 2:9.
7. Parts of mentioned
a. The roots. Jer 17:8.
10. Planted by man. Le 19:23.
11. Each kind of, known by its fruit. Mt 12:33.
b. By the rain from heaven. Isa 44:14.
c. Through their own sap. Ps 104:16.
13. Specially flourished beside the rivers and streams of water. Eze 47:12.
14. When cut down often sprouted from their roots again. Job 14:7.
15. Were sold with the land on which they grew. Ge 23:17.
16. Often suffered from
c. Fire. Joe 1:19.
18. Were cut down
20. God often renders, barren as a punishment. Le 26:20.
21. Early custom of planting, in consecrated grounds. Ge 21:33.
22. The Jews
a. Prohibited from planting in consecrated places. De 16:21.
b. Prohibited from cutting down fruit bearing, for sieges. De 20:19.
f. Considered trees on which criminals were executed abominable. Isa 14:19.
23. Mentioned in scripture
d. Ash. Isa 44:14.
e. Bay. Ps 37:35.
f. Box. Isa 41:19.
g. Cedar. 1Ki 10:27.
h. Chestnut. Eze 31:8.
i. Cyprus. Isa 44:14.
j. Fig. De 8:8.
m. Lign-aloes. Nu 24:6.
p. Mustard. Mt 13:32.
q. Oak. Isa 1:30.
r. Oil-tree. Isa 41:19.
s. Olive. De 6:11.
t. Palm. Ex 15:27.
u. Pine. Isa 41:19.
y. Teil. Isa 6:13.
24. Solomon wrote the history of. 1Ki 4:33.
b. Of wisdom. Pr 3:18.
e. (Green,) of the innocence of Christ. Lu 23:31.
g. (Evergreen,) of saints. Ps 1:1-3.
h. (Duration of,) of continued prosperity of saints. Isa 65:22.
i. (Casting their leaves yet retaining their substance,) of the elect remnant in the church. Isa 6:13.
j. (Barren,) of the wicked. Ho 9:16.
k. (Shaking of the leaves off,) of the terror of the wicked. Isa 7:2.
l. (Producing evil fruit,) of the wicked. Mt 7:17-19.
m. (Dry,) of useless persons. Isa 56:3.
n. (Dry,) of the wicked ripe for judgment. Lu 23:31.