Temple, the Second
1. Built on the site of the first temple. Ezr 6:2-12.
a. His decree for building, predicted. Isa 44:28.
c. Gave permission to the Jews to go to Jerusalem to build. Ezr 1:3.
d. Furnished means for building. Ezr 6:4.
e. Ordered those who remained in Babylon to contribute to the building of. Ezr 1:4.
3. Divine worship commenced before the foundation was laid. Ezr 3:1-6.
4. Materials for building procured from Tyre and Sidon. Ezr 3:7.
5. Foundation of, laid the second month of second year after the captivity. Ezr 3:8.
6. Solemnities connected with laying the foundation of. Ezr 3:9-11.
9. Joy of those who had not seen the first temple. Ezr 3:13.
10. The Samaritans
b. Their help refused by the Jews. Ezr 4:3.
d. Wrote to Artaxerxes Smerdis to interrupt the building. Ezr 4:6-16.
e. Procured its interruption for fifteen years. Ezr 4:24.
11. The Jews reproved for not building. Hag 1:1-5.
14. Resumed by Zerubbabel and Jeshua. Ezr 5:2.
15. Its completion by Zerubbabel foretold, to encourage the Jews. Zec 4:4-10.
16. Future glory of, predicted. Hag 2:7-9.
17. Tatnai the governor wrote to Darius to know if the building had his sanction. Ezr 5:3-17.
19. Finished the third of the twelfth month in the sixth year of Darius. Ezr 6:15.
20. Dedication of, celebrated with joy and thankfulness. Ezr 6:16-18.
21. Repaired and beautified by Herod, which occupied forty-six years. Joh 2:20.
23. Beautiful gate of, mentioned. Ac 3:2.
d. Frequently taught in. Mr 14:49.
e. Purified, and the commencement of his ministry. Joh 2:15-17.
h. The vail of, rent at our Lord’s death. Mt 27:51.
27. No Gentile allowed to enter the inner courts of. Ac 21:27-30.
28. The Jews
c. Desecrated by selling oxen, &c in. Joh 2:14.
30. Cleansed and rededicated by Judas Maccabaeus after its desecration by Antiochus Epiphanes. Joh 10:22.