2. More properly the country around Damascus. 2Sa 8:6.
3. Damascus the capital of. Isa 7:8.
4. Abana and Pharpar rivers of. 2Ki 5:12.
6. Inhabitants of
b. Called Syrians of Damascus. 2Sa 8:5.
e. A commercial people. Eze 27:18.
7. Israel followed the idolatry of. Jdj 10:6.
a. Destroyed the army of, which assisted Hadadezer. 2Sa 8:5.
b. Garrisoned and made tributary. 2Sa 8:6.
d. Obtained renown by his victory over. 2Sa 8:13.
e. Sent Joab against the armies of, hired by the Ammonites. 2Sa 10:6-14.
f. Destroyed a second army of. 2Sa 10:15-19.
9. Asa sought aid of, against Israel. 1Ki 15:18-20.
10. Elijah anointed Hazael king over, by divine direction. 1Ki 19:15.
11. Benhadad king of, besieged Samaria. 1Ki 20:1-12.
12. The Israelites
a. Under Ahab encouraged and assisted by God, overcame. 1Ki 20:13-20.
b. Forewarned of invasion by, at the return of the year. 1Ki 20:22-25.
d. Encouraged and assisted by God overcame a second time. 1Ki 20:28-30.
e. Craftily drawn into a league with. 1Ki 20:31-43.
f. At peace with, for three years. 1Ki 22:1.
g. Under Ahab sought to recover Ramoth-gilead from. 1Ki 22:3-29.
h. Defeated by, and Ahab slain. 1Ki 22:30-36.
j. Heard the secrets of, from Elisha. 2Ki 6:8-12.
14. Besieged Samaria again. 2Ki 6:24-29.
20. Elisha predicted to Joash his three victories over. 2Ki 13:14-19.
22. Retook Elath and drove out the Jews. 2Ki 16:6.
23. Subdued and its inhabitants taken captive by Assyria. 2Ki 16:9.
24. Prophecies respecting
b. Ceasing to be a kingdom. Isa 17:1-3.
d. Destruction of its inhabitants. Jer 49:26.
e. Plundering of Damascus. Isa 8:4.
g. Its calamities, the punishments of its sins. Am 1:3.
h. Its inhabitants to be captives. Am 1:3.
i. Its history in connection with the Macedonia empire. Da 11:6-45.
25. Subdued and governed by the Romans. Lu 2:2.