1. Called the greater light. Ge 1:16.
b. Placed in the firmament. Ge 1:17.
d. Appointed to divide seasons. Ge 1:14.
e. Exercises sovereign power over. Job 9:7.
f. Causes, to rise both on evil and good. Mt 5:45.
g. Causes to know its time of setting. Ps 104:19.
3. Made to praise and glorify God. Ps 148:3.
5. Clearness of its light alluded to. Song 6:10.
6. Compared to a bridegroom coming forth from his chamber. Ps 19:5.
7. Compared to a strong man rejoicing to run a race. Ps 19:5.
8. Diffuses light and heat to all the earth. Ps 19:6.
9. The rays of
b. Produce and ripen fruits. De 33:14.
c. Soften and melt some substances. Ex 16:21.
e. Change the colour of the skin. Song 1:6.
10. Indicates the hours of the day by the shadow on the dial. 2Ki 20:9.
11. The Jews
d. Expressed the west by setting of. Jas 1:4.
h. Consecrated chariots and horses, as symbols of. 2Ki 23:11.
12. Worshippers of, turned their faces towards the east. Eze 8:16.
13. Miracles connected with
b. Shadow put back on the dial. 2Ki 20:11.
a. Of God’s favour. Ps 84:11.
b. Of Christ’s coming. Mal 4:2.
e. (Its clearness,) of the purity of the church. Song 6:10.
g. (Its power,) of the triumph of saints. Jdj 5:31.
j. (No more going down,) of perpetual blessedness. Isa 60:20.