1. Is the cutting of the corn in harvest. Job 24:6; Le 23:10.
2. The sickle used for. De 16:9; Mr 4:29.
3. Both men and women engaged in. Ru 2:8,9.
4. The Jews not to reap
a. The corners of their fields. Le 19:9; 23:22.
b. During the Sabbatical year. Le 25:5.
c. During the year of jubilee. Le 25:11.
d. The fields of others. De 23:25.
5. Mode of gathering the corn for, alluded to. Ps 129:7; Isa 17:5.
6. Corn after, was bound up into sheaves. Ge 37:7; Ps 129:7.
7. Persons engaged in
a. Under the guidance of a steward. Ru 2:5,6.
b. Visited by the master. Ru 2:4; 2Ki 4:18.
c. Fed by the master who himself presided at their meals. Ru 2:14.
d. Received wages. Joh 4:36; Jas 5:4.
8. A time of great rejoicing. Ps 126:5,6.
9. The Jews often hindered from, on account of their sins. Mic 6:15.
10. Often unprofitable on account of sin. Jer 12:13.
11. Illustrative of
a. Receiving the reward of wickedness. Job 4:8; Pr 22:8; Ho 8:7; Ga 6:8.
b. Receiving the reward of righteousness. Ho 10:12; Ga 6:8,9.
c. Ministers receiving temporal provision for spiritual labours. 1Co 9:11.
d. Gathering in souls to God. Joh 4:38.
e. The judgments of God on the antichristian world. Re 14:14-16.
f. The final judgment. Mt 13:30,39-43.