1. A sect of the Jews. Ac 15:5.
2. The strictest observers of the Mosaic ritual. Ac 26:5.
3. By descent, especially esteemed. Ac 23:6.
4. Character of
e. Active in proselytising. Mt 23:15.
h. Ambitious of precedence. Mt 23:6.
i. Fond of public salutations. Mt 23:7.
j. Fond of distinguished titles. Mt 23:7-10.
k. Particular in paying all dues. Mt 23:23.
l. Oppressive. Mt 23:4.
5. Believed in the resurrection &c. Ac 23:8.
6. Made broad their phylacteries. Mt 23:5.
7. Their opinions, a standard for others. Joh 7:48.
11. Some came to John for baptism. Mt 3:7.
12. As a body, rejected John’s baptism. Lu 7:30.
e. Watched by, for evil. Lu 6:7.
g. Declared the imaginary righteousness of, to be insufficient for salvation. Mt 5:20.
i. Denounced woes against. Mt 23:13-33.
j. Called, and evil and adulterous generation. Mt 12:39.
k. Called, serpents and generation of vipers. Mt 23:33.
m. Compared, to whited sepulchres. Mt 23:27.
n. Compared, to graves that appear not. Lu 11:44.
o. Left Judea for a time on account of. Joh 4:1-3.