Palm Tree, The
1. First mention of, in Scripture. Ex 15:27.
3. Described as
a. Tall. Song 7:7.
b. Upright. Jer 10:5.
c. Flourishing. Ps 92:12.
d. Fruitful to a great age. Ps 92:14.
4. The fruit of, called dates. 2Ch 31:5.
5. Requires a moist and fertile soil. Ex 15:27.
6. Tents often pitched under the shade of. Jdj 4:5.
7. The branches of, were
a. The emblem of victory. Re 7:9.
b. Carried at feast of tabernacles. Le 23:40.
c. Used for constructing booths. Ne 8:15.
d. Spread before Christ. Joh 12:13.
8. Blasted as a punishment. Joe 1:12.
10. Illustrative of
b. The righteous. Ps 92:12.
c. The upright appearance of idols. Jer 10:5.