1. Often found wild. De 14:5.
2. Includes the
3. Was clean and fit for food. De 14:4.
4. Described as
c. Not without sagacity. Isa 1:3.
5. Horns and hoofs of, alluded to. Ps 69:31.
7. Was fed
b. With corn. Isa 30:24.
c. With straw. Isa 11:7.
d. On the hills. Isa 7:25.
f. In stalls. Hab 3:17.
8. Rapid manner of collecting its food alluded to. Nu 22:4.
12. Required great care and attention. Pr 27:23.
14. Urged on by the goad. Jdj 3:31.
15. Used for
b. Carrying burdens. 1Ch 12:40.
e. Treading out the corn. Ho 10:11.
16. Often stall-fed for slaughter. Pr 15:17.
17. Goes to the slaughter unconscious. Pr 7:22.
19. Male firstlings of, belonged to God. Ex 34:19.
20. Tithe of, given to the priests. 2Ch 31:6.
21. Laws respecting
b. Not to be yoked with an ass in the same plough. De 22:10.
d. If stolen to be restored double. Ex 22:4.
f. Of others if lost or hurt through neglect, to be made good. Ex 22:9-13.
g. Killing a man, to be stoned. Ex 21:28-32.
j. Fallen under its burden to be raised up again. De 22:4.
k. Fat of, not to be eaten. Le 7:23.
25. The wicked often took, in pledge from the poor. Job 24:3.
26. Custom of sending the pieces of, to collect the people to war. 1Sa 11:7.
27. Sea of brass rested on figures of. 1Ki 7:25.
d. (Led to slaughter,) of a rash youth. Pr 7:22.
e. (Led to slaughter,) of saints under persecution. Jer 11:19.
f. (Stall fed,) of sumptuous living. Pr 15:17.
29. Bull or bullock illustrative
b. (Firstling of,) of the glory of Joseph. De 33:17.
c. (In a net,) of the impatient under judgment. Isa 51:20.
d. (Fatted,) of greedy mercenaries. Jer 46:21.
e. (Unaccustomed to the yoke,) of intractable sinners. Jer 31:18.
30. Kine illustrative
a. Of proud and wealthy rules. Am 4:1.
31. Heifer illustrative
a. Of a beloved wife. Jdj 14:18.
b. (Sliding back,) of backsliding Israel. Ho 4:16.
c. (Taught, &c) of Israel’s fondness for ease in preference to obedience. Ho 10:11.
e. (Fair,) of the beauty and wealth of Egypt. Jer 46:20.
f. (At grass,) of the luxurious Chaldees. Jer 50:11.