1. A bird of prey. Job 9:26; Mt 24:28.
2. Unclean. Le 11:13; De 14:12.
3. Different kinds of. Le 11:13,18; Eze 17:3.
4. Called the eagle of the heavens. La 4:19.
5. Described as
a. Long-sighted. Job 39:29.
b. Swift. 2Sa 1:23.
c. Soaring to heaven. Pr 23:5.
6. Strength of its feathers alluded to. Da 4:33.
7. Greatness of its wings alluded to. Eze 17:3,7.
8. Peculiarity of its flight alluded to. Pr 30:19.
9. Delights in the lofty cedars. Eze 17:3,4.
10. Dwells in the high rocks. Job 39:27,28.
11. Feeds her young with blood. Job 39:29,30.
a. Of wisdom and zeal of God’s ministers. Eze 1:10; Re 4:7.
b. Of great and powerful kings. Eze 17:3; Ho 8:1.
c. (Renewed strength and beauty of,) of the renewal of saints. Ps 103:5.
d. (Mode of teaching her young to fly,) of God’s care of his church. Ex 19:4; De 32:11.
e. (Wings of,) of protection afforded to the church. Re 12:14.
f. (Upward flight of,) of the saint’s rapid progress toward heaven. Isa 40:31.
g. (Swiftness of,) of the melting away of riches. Pr 23:5.
h. (Swiftness of,) of the swiftness of hostile armies. De 28:49; Jer 4:13; 48:40; La 4:19.
i. (Height and security of its dwelling,) of the fancied but fatal security of the wicked. Jer 49:16; Ob 1:4.
j. (Increase baldness of, in the moulting season,) of calamities. Mic 1:16.
k. (Hasting to the prey,) of the swiftness of man’s days. Job 9:26.
13. Was the standard of the Roman armies. Mt 24:15,28.